Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Time flies

April is almost over.  Four months of the year in.  A third of the way into the year.  Time really flies.

Things have been hectic with me.  I started a new job at Miller's and it is a lot more challenging than I expected.  I'm learning a lot but I struggle sometimes with the sheer amount that I have to get done in one day.  It's never an 8 hour day any more, which I feel is placing a small strain on Michael and I.  Stress wins frequently, leaving me frazzled and over emotional.  I love working for Miller's though and don't want to change companies again.  Just need to figure out how to better organize my day I suppose.

On the weight loss front things are going well.  I'm down 20 pounds since the beginning of the year and am 61 pounds from reaching my goal weight.  For those of you that have been following for a bit I've lost 54 pounds total so I'm almost half way there.  I still don't always make the best food choices but the intermittent fasting still seems to be a good fit for me.

Off the exercise train for a while.  I've managed to get a pinched sciatic nerve which is causing me some pain.  For my nursing friends out there I'd rate it a 2/10 when I'm not moving, but changing positions, especially from seated to standing will crank that up to an 8 or 9.  It will quiet down to around a 4 once I've been up and walking a bit.  I finally broke down and went to see a chiropractor, who also says I have a degenerative disc in my back.  I had kind of guessed that with the chronic back pain.  One more reason why getting in shape and being generally more fit and healthy is so important.

I try not to whine too much about pain and work, so I'm going to focus on the positive things.  I have a husband that I adore, who, amazingly,  loves me right back.  I have 3 children whom I love very much. I am blessed to still have my parents with me, even if they live far away and I miss not seeing them more often. I have a great sister.  Michael's family is wonderful. I have some really amazing friends.   I have a job with a great company in an economy when so many are out of work.  I am really, really blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment