Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20

So we are more than half way through May.  This year has really gone fast.It's hard to believe sometimes how fast time flies by.  Just a quick update on things before I head into work.

The life style changes are all going pretty well.  Have been fasting on Mon, Wed, and Fri with Michael, though so far we pretty much only manage a 24 hour fast.  Eat dinner Sun night, then nothing til dinner Monday...not bad, though the plan is to eventually get where we eat Sun dinner, then nothing til Tues am.  It's a slow process though.  My weight is down a bit and seems to be pretty stable.  I'm happy for that, but wish it would just keep going down.

I can't complain about the scale not moving down though because I've really had to cut back on the exercise because of my back.  I'm still going to the chiropractor but this weekend it didn't seem to have helped at all.  Chronic pain in the lower back and right hip.  Sits at about a 5 or 6/10 on the pain scale and movement really causes it to flair up.  Not taking anything for it but some ibuprofen from time it time, but I'm starting to think that's just not going to cut it.  Going to try to get out of work early today and see my regular md.

Things with the job are settling into a routine.  I still have trouble getting everything done sometimes but it's better and I'm not so stressed about it.  If I can hang in long enough to make it through my review I might actually be okay.

Things with Michael are great, but he's a great kind of guy so I can't complain on that front.  Xandra is sweet and my Kel is doing well with her job and in school.  I guess over all, other than the back pain life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment